Well, it's been almost one week since I arrived in New York with my luggage cramped with clothes and shoes and so far everything is great! All of the furniture for my room is assembled (and looking beautiful) and the kitchen is almost completely stocked with the essentials. Dad left early yesterday morning but I got to see my aunt Kathi last night for dinner because she was in town for business. Today is the first day that I won't see a family member and I have to say that feels strange.
I know that many of you have asked if I have any pictures of my new apartment. I will upload pictures soon once I get my new computer that will be able to handle picture files much better than my laptop now. My laptop I used while at St. Olaf is dying a slow death and is very sluggish right now. I'm hoping to get my new Macbook Pro by Friday!
I am also excited because I bought a couch last night! I found it on Craigslist and saw it in person last night. It is from Room & Board (less than a year old!) but the woman who owns it is moving to Washington D.C. to get married to her fiance who already has a fully furnished home. It was a great deal and I'm hoping to have it moved on Friday. Right now we only have a few plastic Ikea chairs to sit on in the living room so this couch is much needed!
I've also had lots of fun exploring the NY subway and bus system. I really enjoy the freedom of being able to get almost anywhere on public transit and the people-watching is great! New Yorkers are such interesting people with amazingly diverse looks and interests. New York has got to be one of the greatest people-watching cities ever.
Since NYU orientation and classes don't start until September, I am hoping to travel to Virginia next week to visit my St. Olaf friend Cory who just moved there last week. He will be a Latin teacher in Norfolk and is one of my best friends. Plane tickets to Richmond are so cheap right now so it's a great time to visit him!
I'm also getting very anxious and excited about adopting a cat or kitten! I'll keep you posted...
(I also got my first piece of mail yesterday from Marianne Larsen which was awfully exciting!)
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment