Anyway, the day before the public schools announced they were going to be closed because it "might" snow a lot. In total I think we got around 8-10 inches and while it was messy wet snow, it wasn't that bad. You should have heard how all the New Yorkers were panicking--they just aren't used to winter weather I guess! Public radio did a report that afternoon about how New Yorkers were "surviving the blizzard" by interviewing women at shoe stores who were buying boots (many for the first time!!) because they wore high heels and were unable to walk on the slippery wet sidewalks by lunchtime. Oh my goodness--I laughed so hard!
On a positive note, the NY parks service provided sleds and hot chocolate to children at some of the city's parks! Isn't that sweet? Overall it was a fun day because my class was canceled and it was just so beautiful to finally see the city covered in a thick layer of pristine white snow. It made me feel nostalgic for home in SD & MN!

No comments:
Post a Comment