Thursday, February 4, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things!



I love the movie "The Sound of Music" but what I enjoy even more is being reminded of the simple joys in life that come from my favorite things. This may seem a little silly to some of you, but one of my most recent favorite things is my new flannel bedding! My aunt Liz, a quilter and sewer and all around creative genius, gave me these great red sheets for Christmas. What makes them special is that she appliqued a the beautiful flower pattern on the edges of the pillow cases and on the top of the flat sheet. They also match perfectly with my newest quilt I made this summer with my cousin Alison (ok, I'll admit that I still have to hand-stitch the binding on, but hey, I'm close and it still keeps me warm!) Anyway, thanks Liz for such a lovely and thoughtful gift! It is truly one of my favorite things!

No comments:

Post a Comment